20 Bible Verses About Spring and New Life – Guideposts
PRESERVE DR. NORMAN VINCENT PEALE’S LEGACY – Learn More
Share this story
Find hope and a renewed sense of faith in this Scripture about the springtime season.
Spring is a beautiful time of year when the winter weather subsides, and the flowers begin to bloom. Because of this, spring is often associated with hope and rebirth—two major aspects of the resurrection of Christ. Easter, the day to celebrate this resurrection, even happens during the spring season. Bible verses about spring can be found throughout Scripture, from Genesis to the Book of John. These verses exemplify that positivity and renewal.
READ MORE: 16 Spring Activities for Couples, Families, Kids
During this time of year many people feel rejuvenated, both in their lives and in their faith. As they shake off that winter chill, they might consider starting a new positive habit or recommitting to their prayer life. Reading Bible verses about spring can be a powerful way to draw closer to God as we are presented with the possibility of new beginnings.
1. Ask the Lord for rain in the springtime; it is the Lord who sends the thunderstorms. He gives showers of rain to all people, and plants of the field to everyone. —Zechariah 10:1
2. Be patient, then, brothers and sisters, until the Lord’s coming. See how the farmer waits for the land to yield its valuable crop, patiently waiting for the autumn and spring rains. —James 5:7
3. And God said, “Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years.” —Genesis 1:14
4. Faithfulness springs forth from the earth, and righteousness looks down from heaven. The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest. Righteousness goes before him and prepares the way for his steps. —Psalm 85:11-13
READ MORE: 25 Joyful Spring Quotes to Inspire You
5. Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. —Hosea 6:3
6. May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. —Romans 15:13
7. There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. —Proverbs 23:18
8. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. —Lamentations 3:21-23
READ MORE: 7 Spring Prayers for Hope and New Beginnings
9. For behold, the winter is past; the rain is over and gone. The flowers appear on the earth, the time of singing has come, and the voice of the turtledove is heard in our land. —Song of Solomon 2:11-12
10.Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. —Romans 12:2
11.But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. —Isaiah 40:31
12. When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” —John 8:12
13. The desert and the parched land will be glad; the wilderness will rejoice and blossom. Like the crocus, it will burst into bloom; it will rejoice greatly and shout for joy. —Isaiah 35:1-12
14. Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. —Luke 12:27
15. I am a rose of Sharon, a lily of the valleys. Like a lily among thorns is my darling among the young women. —Song of Solomon 2:1-2
16. All people are like grass, and all their faithfulness is like the flowers of the field. —Isaiah 40:6
17. They waited for me as for showers and drank in my words as the spring rain. —Job 29:23
18. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. —Romans 12:12
19. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. —Lamentations 3:23
20. When a king’s face brightens, it mans life; his favor is like a rain cloud in spring. —Proverbs 16:15
READ MORE ABOUT BIBLE VERSES AND SPRING:
Share this story
Discover real-life miracles, incredible rescues, and signs from beyond in The Joy of Miracles! 84-pages of awe-inspiring stories, devotions, prayers, breathtaking art, and more. Get ready for a heartwarming journey! Also, don’t miss our other editions every 3 months, like gratitude, prayer, and the beloved Christmas collection. Experience the joy today!
Contributing Editor Rick Hamlin shares Scripture to help you savor the profound joy of Easter
Use these Bible verses to energize and inspire your spring cleaning routine.
Tips and Scripture to brighten your spirit with God’s grace.
Get More Inspiration Delivered to Your Inbox
Follow us on social media
© 2023 Guideposts. All rights reserved.